Dear Baby Girl,
Although I am your foster mommy, I have been the only mommy in your life for the last 18 months. During that time, I have grown to love you more and more every day. I cannot imagine my life without you and today as I celebrate our 18 month mother-daughter anniversary, I want to tell you the 18 things I love about you.
1. The way you sing! You sing in the car, you sing in your highchair, you mimic the songs you hear on the radio. Your voice is so precious and I love to listen to you to sing.
2. Your smile! You have a cheesy grin and it is so cute!
3. Your voice. Daddy said it best when he said that your voice is the most angelic voice he has ever heard.
4. Your hands. You love to hold hands, sometimes holding both of mine with both of yours. Even as I type this, you are holding one of my hands as you sit in my lap.
5. Your eyes. You have the biggest most beautiful brown eyes. When you get surprised or really excited your eyes get even bigger and we all laugh at your silly surprised expression!
6. Your smell. As you sit in my lap I smell the top of your head and it is the sweetest mix of coconut oil, baby lotion and your soft precious baby scent.
7. Your words. You use the cutest words for things. Our entire language at our house has changed since you arrived because we all use your sweet words.
8. Your energy. You have more energy than most toddlers and it is just so fun to see you get excited and happy about things.
9. Your run. You have the cutest little run as you swing your right arm back-and-forth as you go. It is your signature run.
10. Your favorites. You love the color yellow, tutus, preschool, fruit, playing outside, and swimming.
11. Your games. You love “patty cake,” “hide and seek,” and “the wheels on the bus.”
12. Your hair. It has taken mama awhile to learn how to properly care for your hair, but oh how I love your beautiful black curls.
13. Your determination. Your favorite phrase nowadays is, “I do it!” You want to try to do everything by yourself. You are going to go very far in life sweet girl.
14. Your laugh. Your giggle makes everyone smile. Our family does pretty much anything silly to get you to laugh!
15. Your relationships with your siblings. You have changed our world, Baby Girl. Watching your siblings love you and care for you has been one of this mama’s greatest joys!
16. Your memory. You remember people and places very well for a two year old. You keep Little Man and his memory alive in our house as you talk about him daily.
17. Your stubbornness. Even though it drives me crazy at times, I love that you stand up for yourself and know what you want. I don’t win many battles with you once you have decided that you want something and right now! Ha ha!
18. Your love. You love your family. You love to cuddle, to hug, and to just be in the same room as us. Your sweet words of, “I wuv ooo mama,” make my heart melt!
I hope and pray that you will always know without a shadow of a doubt that you have been loved and wanted from day one. You, my precious daughter will always be my Baby Girl!